Spicy, tasty Thai meal. Yields 2-3 portions.
- 5-10 thai chilies
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 spur chili
- ⅛ cup long bans
- ½ cup small onions
- 300g coarsely ground chicken
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp black soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tsb sugar
- 1 ½ cups holy basil leaves
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 egg per person
- ½ cup of rice per person
- Prik Nam Pla
- Fish sauce
- Lime juice
- Chopped thai chilies
- Chopped garlic
- Pound thai chilies into fine paste
- Add garlic and spur chili and pound into a rough paste
- Combine sauces, water, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Saute the paste in a large pan until the garlic turns golden.
- Add chicken and toss until they're no longer in big clumps.
- Add sauce and toss until chicken is almost done.
- Remove from heat and mix in holy basil leaves.
- Heat up oil (1cm high) in a small pan on medium heat
- Crack eggs directly into pan and fry until the edges are brown and bubbly
- Drizzle Prik Nam Pla over the egg and place on top of food