Polish version of the ubiquitous filled pasta. This is what the Italians are calling Tortellini, and the Russians are calling Vareniki, or Pelmeni.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tbsp oil (canola, sunflower, …)
- Mix flour and salt.
- Mix water and butter and pour it into flour mix.
- Knead dough and let it go for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out flat and use a cup to cut out pieces.
- Fill with the filling and push down the edges with a fork.
- Boil in hot water until they float to the top.
- Optional: fry the result in a pan.