Thick Crust Pizza Dough
Many American pizzas are known for their thick crust. This recipe is for making such kinds of pizza.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Mix flours, sugar, and yeast.
- Slowly pour in water and oil.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Knead on medium speed until the dough is released from the side of the bowl.
- Let it rest in a lightly oiled bowl for as long as you have time.
- Spread it out, making sure the bottom is very thinly spread, because otherwise it will rise up and throw the toppings off.
- Add toppings into the flattened areas of the dough.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F until done (20-35 minutes usually).