Vanilla Ice Cream
Yields a pack of vanilla ice cream. Do churn at regular intervals as it cools down in the freezer, or you end up with an ice brick.
- 2 13-15 oz cans of full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar or agave syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of pre-soaked cashews, shredded
- Soak cashews overnight.
- Shred soaked cashews into a fine paste.
- Shake coconut milk thoroughly.
- Mix ½ cup of coconut milk with corn starch.
- Scald the coconut milk and mix in sweetener, salt, and cashew paste.
- Add in starch mixture.
- Whisk gently.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until thickened (coats the back of a spoon). Don't let it come to a boil.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Keep in freezer for at least 4 hours covered with plastic wrap (NOT the lid).
- Churn for 20 minutes.
- Cover with parchment or wax paper to prevent crystals from forming.
- Freeze for another 4 hours.