If you want very fluffy, crunchy waffles, this yeast waffle recipe is what you need. The waffles are much less sweet than the regular waffles from the other recipe, but it is tasty in its own right, and the waffles are much lighter.
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 ¼ tsp dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk
- ½ cup melted + cooled butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Mix water and yeast in a bowl and wait until they're foamy.
- Mix milk, butter, salt, sugar, flour, and yeast mix.
- Add another ½ cup of flour if the batter is too thin.
- Let it go overnight in a plastic wrap.
- Mix in eggs and baking soda.
- Portion using a whole cup.
- Cook in waffle maker until golden brown.